Sunday, August 29, 2010

Everything that happens is from now on




In June and July I started drawing black crows. I was drawn to a song by Bon Iver (side note: the name Bon Iver is a play on the french term "bon hiver" - good winter, and this winter for me ironically was not... regardless I listened to a lot of Bon Iver to get me through) anywho! The song is called Re: stacks. The line that inspired these drawings goes:
"there's a black crow sitting across from me, with his wiry legs crossed, and he's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss, whatever could it be that has brought me to this loss"
This image stuck in my head, and I just had to get it on paper.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.

    This song has touched my life on so many different levels.

    I've been researching to get my first tattoo for quite some time. I think I have made the decision to get the For Emma album cover as my virgin experience.

    I have done a tremendous amount of studying on Justin Vernon and Bon Iver. The passion I have for his work is like nothing I have ever experienced.

    I came across your crow drawings through some of this research. I would regret it if I didn't ask you if there was any possible way to ask you to make a piece for me. I would be more than willing to let you name your own price but these drawings are so intense to me; so real.

    I am not a blogger and have never written to anyone on their blogs but I couldn't help myself when I saw this. I am completely blown away.

    If nothing more, take this as a compliment. These are amazing pieces of art.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,
    Thank you for your comment. Sorry I did not get it till now.
    You are quite welcome to email me at everything_is_transformed@hotmail.com to discuss commissioning a piece. Its funny you mention getting a tattoo, because I am actually getting this crow tattooed on me very soon!
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Cheers
    Reba

    ReplyDelete